Help! The Fan Blew Up!

Singapore
August 2013

This was a Morries fan. It was less than 6 months old when  this happened earlier this week.

 
According to Merlion Wayfarer's family member:
"The fan was very noisy for the past few days. So noisy until I had to switch it off. Tonight it was noisy again and I was trying to adjust it. It wasn't as noisy as before. Who knows, just as I was about switch off the fan, there was a loud grating noise. Next thing I know, I felt a bump on my arm and everything was in pieces all over the room. I hadn't even touched the fan!

Apparently the impact of the disintegration was so great that it blew the metal cover (which was still clipped to the other cover in two places) across the room. My arm was slightly bruised from the impact.

Some of the pieces of the fan were sticking to my curtain. It was scary as I was standing beside the fan and could have been badly hurt."



NTUC Fairprice, this was purchased at your Nex Xtra outlet. Merlion Wayfarer hopes that you will take such reviews into consideration when bringing in similar products.


Afternote
JK, the importer for the Morries product line, has since replaced the fan with a new set and attended to this case with a personalized installation of the product. Thank you for the prompt attention!


More photos are available on Merlion Wayfarer's Picasa at :